Thursday, July 3, 2008

Never Pay ATM Fees Again

I have two twenty something children who always run short on money before payday. When I look at their checking accounts, I see a lot of small ATM withdrawals and a lot of BIG ATM fees. Although the Credit Union belongs to the Co-Op Network with over 25,000 surcharge free ATMs, they can never seem to find one when they need one. So, they end up paying $2 - $3 to the bank owning the ATM and $1.50 to the Credit Union.

But... I have a solution. If they were to go to any grocery store and buy something (bottled water, gum, etc.) with their Debit card and get cash back ($10, $100, whatever), the $3.50+ in fees would be eliminated. So, be smart and avoid fees - if a Co-Op machine is not handy, I'm sure that you can easily find a grocery store.

Did you know, we now offer checking accounts and debit cards for members starting at age 13? So, get a checking account & debit card but use it wisely. Don't pay unnecessary foreign ATM fees.

Find a surcharge-free ATM – even when you’re on the go! Simply text an address (with city, state), a zip code or an intersection to 692667 (MYCOOP). In less than 30 seconds, you’ll receive a reply with an ATM near you. For additional ATMs, simply reply “More.” The service is free, standard text messaging rates apply.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the advise. I was able to save $3.50 and gas by not driving all over town to find an ATM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I also saved $3.50..

    ReplyDelete
  3. saving money and time is a big added plus. i myself and pleased with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love to Saves Money. Perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was able to locate 4 ATM locations within a mile radius. Thanks 4 the info!!

    ReplyDelete